Thursday, October 05, 2006

Halloween Weekend-Continued

Saturday was spent helping my mom set up her yard haunt in the morning, and the afternoon was spent doing some much needed repairs on some existing props.

Boris the Butler got a little latex repair to his face with some liquid latex and old pantyhose. He's looking as handsome as usual:


My haunted tree also got a fresh coast of Monster Mud:

Before:


After:



Sunday, I set up my yard with the help of my mom.
Two new additions to my yard are simple T-frame props made with 2x4 ands PVC pipe.
Grim was made with the addition of a chicken wire ribcage, a foam skull, some hands from Anatomical Chart Company and a robe made from black sheets and pillowcases from the clearance aisle at Wal-Mart.



The witch, I've affectionately named Elfaba from the book Wicked, was made with a wig form with a little paper mache face,



hands from a pair of store-bought monster hands I painted to match:


and an old costume from a few years ago. I taped her hands to the stir-stick using mounting tape. The cauldron is spilling over with cotton batting and the sticks and vines are woven with orange lights to resemble fire. I really wish I would have been able to find a turn table to make her animated, but that will just have to be a project for next year.


Design Toscano had the coolest year swimmer this year, and I couldn't resist!


I'll continue to post pictures from the yard as the leaves start to change and the holiday draws near.

Happy haunting!

© 2006 Haunted Yard

No comments: