Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Halloween Parties!

Last week I had two Halloween parties; one that I hosted for the girls at work and the annual costume party hosted by my boss. The "ghoul's" party was a cocktail happy hour at my house with drinks and nibbles. I served pumpkin martinis, Zombies and wine. The pumpkin martinis were something I just made up. Here's the recipe:

2 oz pumpkin infused vodka*
1 oz pumpkin pie spiced simple syrup**
1 oz half and half

Pour vodka, syrup and half & half in a martini shaker with ice. Shake and serve in beakers.
*The pumpkin vodka is 1/4 cup pumpkin puree mixed into a bottle of vanilla vodka.
**The simple syrup is made with 1 cup sugar, 2 cups water and 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice. Heat in a saucepan until sugar is dissolved.

Zombies are cocktail from the 1930's and are very strong, so I served them in test tubes. Here's the recipe I used:

1 part Dark Rum
1 part White Rum
1 part Spiced Rum
1/2 part Apricot Brandy
1 Dash Sugar Syrup
1/2 part Lime Juice
1/2 part Pineapple Juice

Finally, I served a red wine and a white wine with the bottle decorated with Martha Stewart labels.
Here's the drink table.








On Saturday, my boss hosted a costume party at his house. I went as Melanie Daniels (Tippi Hedren's character) from The Birds. I was coming down with a cold, so my nose is pretty red in this picture.



David went as a goth/emo. He's wearing my purple hair extensions and lost of black makeup.



Party shots:







I'm still trying to kick this cold before Halloween, so I'm off to take another nap.
© 2008 Haunted Yard

No comments: