Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Weekend Projects

This past weekend, I went shopping at what our local community calls "Crazy Days." All the local business have huge sidewalk sales, and there are all kinds of goodies to be found, especially when I am in the Halloween mindset.

I found a very cute cat chinea that I thought was really cool, but he lacked the Halloween flair!



I gave it a good coat of black spray paint and transformed it into a Halloween cat. I love the contrast between terra cotta color on the inside, and the new coat of black paint. Much more Haloween-ish!



I also found a very country-looking decoration that had been damaged. I'm actually not sure what it was supposed to be (bird house, maybe?), but I got a great deal on it since the rooster weather vein on the top was broken and the hinged door was loose.



I love the gothic elements to on the piece, so I decided to give it a coat of fleckstone paint and add some gargoyles to it. I think it will make a nice candle holder that I will probably leave out year-round.





The last project I worked on this weekend was a skull chadelier. I started with a candle plate, a chain plant holder, 3 votive holders and 3 little skulls that I aged with brown paint. I think it turned out pretty well. I'll hang it in the entryway this Halloween.






© 2006 Haunted Yard

No comments: