Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Wicked Witch of Wyoming?

During my daily obsessive search for new prop ideas, I came across this witch from the Brewster Yard Haunt website.

I really love this witch, and think that the plans look wickedly simple, and the results are wickedly effective!

While I think animatronics and animated props are very cool, especially if they are homemade, I just don't have the skill to make some of the animated props I see online. I'm a geologist; a rock-nerd, not an electrical engineer. But this witch, being run by an old turntable, well, that's right up my alley.

So, this weekend, I think I will begin gathering the supplies needed to build my very own cauldron-stirring witch. I'll hit the thrift stores and yard sales for an old turntable, and if that fails, I'm sure dear old dad has one stashed in his garage.

The only thing I will need to brainstorm is how to make this weather proof. Wyoming's weather is unpredictable, especially in late October. I'll need to make something that will hold up to any potential snow or inclement weather we may get.

Of course, I'll be updating the blog with my progress on this very cool prop, so stay tuned!

© 2006 Haunted Yard

No comments: