Saturday, August 15, 2009

Halloween Weddings

When my husband and I were first engaged, he suggested we get married on Halloween and it took me a fraction of a second to shoot that idea down. Don't get me wrong; I love Halloween as much as the next ghoul, but having a wedding on Halloween meant that I would miss out on haunting my yard. I just didn't want to do it. Call me selfish. Besides, that meant that every year on our anniversary, I would be busy answering the door for trick-or-treaters. It's so much fun but it's not very romantic. So we did the next best thing and jetted off to Vegas to get married. Best. Idea. Ever.

Though we chose not to get married on the best day of the year, I still love to look at Halloween-themed wedding ideas. They are great resources for cool, elegant and creepy decorating ideas.
I love this idea or wrapping the table settings and centerpieces with spider webs.

I also love the skull theme and rhinestone accents from Hostess with the Mostess. Though I'm not a big fan of pink, it would be easy to customize the colors.

How cool would a mad scientist theme be for a wedding? As a scientist myself, this really appeals to me.

While browsing for Halloween weddings, I happened upon Creepy Cupcakes who happens to be planning her own Halloween wedding. She has a wonderful, creative blog with tons of spooky ideas. Congrats!

© 2009 Haunted Yard

2 comments:

Carrie Mae said...

Aww, thanks. :)

We gave lots of thought to getting married on Halloween, for just the reasons you cite... and decided that we'd celebrate romantic-style on November 1st, and throw killer anniversary parties every year for the main event.

It won't be long now! The Hallowedding is close. ;)

Anonymous said...

I agree with you, I wouldn't want to spend my Halloween getting married. Not that it wouldn't be a sweet excuse to celebrate even more - but I like to focus on Halloween on October 31.
check out my horror movie blog for the latest horror movie news and the occasional creepy treasure
http://atomicfox.blogspot.com/
thanks! :)